How to make a Pizza
So you have decided that it is time for you to make your own pizza. The only thing that I can say is Congrats!! and that it is about time.
Making your own Pizza has a lot of benefits, like you can add whatever you like on it, and also it give’s you the opportunity to add different types of cheeses, herbs and meat
to your liking.
The important part when making your own pizza is to keep health in mind, so make it as healthy as possible.
We will start with the pizza dough, and continue from there.
Remember to enjoy this, and try to get the entire family involved.
How to make the pizza Dough.
Ingredients Needed :
– 1 x cup of warm water
– 3 x cups of flour
– 1 x tablespoon dried yeast
– 1 x teaspoon of salt
– 1 x tablespoon of olive oil (vegetable oil can also be used)
Equipment Needed :
– Large mixing bowl
– Big spatula that can be used to mix the ingredients
– Ceramic bowl ( will be used for the dough to rise in )
– A Cutting board or any level surface
– Pizza pan
1. First you have to dissolve the dried yeast in warm water, so use a cup and leave the yeast until the bubbles rise to the rim of the cup.
2. Secondly you add the oil and salt to the dissolved yeast mix.
3. Take your mixing bowl and poor the flour into it.
4. Pour your yeast mixture into the middle of the bowl. Now using your spatula, you want to evenly in a circle motion draw the flour into the mixture in the middle of the bowl.
5. As soon as all of the flour is mixed with the liquid, it will become a sticky clay, then it is time to knead it with your hands. Do this until the dough becomes pliable. You will notice that the dough will dry a little bit, and
become soft, the sticky part will entirely go away.
6. Sprinkle your cutting board or level surface with some flour, and place the soft pliable dough onto it and continue with the kneeing, hit the dough using your fist, also keep turning the dough to make sure
that everything gets a good work through.
7. Now it is time for your dough to rise, so place it in the ceramic bowl, cover up the dough using a cloth. It can take up to 2hrs for the dough to rise, so make sure to leave it in a warm place at around room temperature,
the dough must at-least double in size before it is ready.
8. As soon as that is done, and you notice that the dough is now twice as big, start hitting it with your fist to make sure there is no hidden air bubbles remaining.
9. Again sprinkle your working area with a little flour, now cut your dough in 3, try to make them 3 equal pieces.
10. Now start by rolling each one of the pieces a rolling pin or something similar, if you don’t have a rolling pin, something like a bottle can be used. Shape it into a circular form with your hands,
about 12 inches in diameter. After you are done with this, you should have 3 pizza bases in total. The dough mix will become tougher to to more it is handled so try not to handle it more than what is necessary.
11. Now place the pizza dough into the pizza pan, Pizza Stone’s can also be used, but is totally not necessary. The pizza stone is most-commonly used in Italian Restaurant’s and is said to absorb moisture, witch in turn helps with a problem that sometimes cause the dough to become soggy or wet.
12. Use your fingers and push the dough until it reaches the edge of the pizza pan.
13. At-last your dough is ready for your ingredients.
14. The first ingredient onto your dough should be Tomato Sauce, this will seal the base, I recommend you use canned Crushed Tomatoes or similar. (Remember This is home made pizza, and you
can do anything you like with it. ) Start by pouring the Tomato Sauce in the middle of the Dough and spread it from the center to the edge. Try and cover the entire dough, as this will
avoid a dry crust after the baking is done.
15. Onto your Tomato Sauce you would want to put some grated cheese, the quantity here is totally up to your personal taste. The choice of cheese to use is totally up to you, but I would
recommend to use Mozzarella or Cheddar as they have a good strong texture, and don’t string up a lot when melted.
16. This is the fun part : Now you get to add your toppings as you please, you can use anything from Ham, bacon or any other meat that your heart desire. Try not to use toppings that gives of a lot of water, as this can
cause your base to get soggy. Remember fill the base with as much toppings as you like. You can also try different combination’s on the same base, so try to change the ingredients on each half of the base.
17. Top the pizza off with some more cheese to your preference.
18. Preheat your oven to between 400 and 450 degrees place your pizza inside, and bake for about 20 to 25 minutes, this can also depend on your taste and your toppings.
And Your done, now just slice it up, and enjoy. Your pizza can last in the refrigerator for about 3 day’s, if you would like to reheat it again, the best is use the oven again, as this will help not to make the base soggy.