How to blog (your way to the bank)
Blogging is fast becoming one of the most preferred ways to make money online. It is extremely easy to set-up, can be available on the World Wide Web in a matter of minutes, and you can do with it whatever you want!
But how do you start “Blogging”? What do you need to do? Well, like always, we will show you the exact steps needed in order for your online presence to become a reality.
Depending on your existing skills, you will have two options:
- Start a blog on Google’s Blogger, or WordPress.com . Your blog will be hosted on their servers, nothing for you to install, except select a theme of your choice and start blogging! (difficulty: easy)
- Register a domain name, buy a hosting plan, download a Blogging content management system, upload it to your hosting company, select theme, start blogging! (difficulty: moderate)
Let’s start with the easiest option first and leave the more detailed installations for another article.
- How to start Blogging with Google’s Blogger
This is really easy to set-up and monetize (make money). You will want to add some ads on your blog pages to generate revenue once your completely set-up, and by hosting your blog on Google’s own blogging hosting servers, it is easy to integrate Adsense (the ads you will be placing on your blog) which will make you money once someone clicks on an ad that they find interesting. Never click on your own ads to make money! Google will delete your account! Read their T.O.S. (Terms Of Service)
Setting up your Blogger account
- If you already have an Adsense account, you can log in with this username and password combination to ‘Log in’ to Blogger.
- If you don’t have an Adsense account, you will need to sign up for one at https://www.google.com/adsense/
- Once you’re set up, you can log into your Blogger account and select a name for your blog. Your next step will be to choose a Theme for your blog. These themes are pre-designed; all you have to do is select the one you like.
- Now you can customize your lay-out. You can choose where you would like to place your heading, paragraphs, ads placement etc.
- Once you are satisfied, you can start adding content and become a fully-fledged Blogger.
- How to start Blogging with WordPress.com
Setting up your WordPress.com account
- Go to WordPress.com and sign up for an account.
- Once again, you will need no coding skills or any type of web design experience. Just choose your theme and you’re off!
- Please Note: WordPress.com does not offer Adsense ad placement on their blogs. So if your main goal with your blog is to make money, you might want to go with Blogger instead.
Congratulations! You have successfully set-up your blog! Now let’s get down to brass tax.
How to make money by blogging
Ok, so now you have blog on the World Wide Web. All you need to do now is add quality content. First you have to decide what you want to blog about. Do you want to blog about skincare products, your coin collecting hobby, the latest games, your daily life etc etc.
Choose a theme that corresponds with your topics. Make sure they match in some way, for example, if you want to blog about flowers don’t choose a dark and somber theme, try to reflect your topics nature. If flowers are your topic of choice, choose something yellowish or bright pink as an example, you might even come across a theme designed specifically for that. Do some searching. Don’t worry if you have selected a theme and would like to change it later on, the themes are interchangeable without affecting your content.
Add quality content to your blog by writing articles. Write unique articles in your own words. Never copy from another website or book without giving proper reference to your sources. Try to add a few articles each day to keep your blog filling with information. By writing articles for a few hours a day, you will have about 30-50 articles added to your blog each month. If you’re not a good writer you can buy Private Label Rights (PLR) articles. These are pre-written by writers about certain topics. The problem with PLR articles is, sometimes 20-30 bloggers download or purchase these articles and add them to their blog. This will result in duplicate content, which is bad! Rewrite the articles as much as you can in your own words to keep the interests of search engines.
Become an affiliate marketer. If you haven’t heard of Clickbank.com yet, it is an online resource of thousands of products. The creators of these products are always on the look-out for people to promote their stuff. Once you sign-up at CLickbank.com, you gain access to all of these products. All you have to do is select the product you want to promote, get a unique affiliate link (which will be provided), and write an article about the product on your blog, and at the end of your article, insert your link. If people found your article interesting and would like to purchase the product, they will click on the link and you might make some commission off of that sale.
Integrate web2.0 a.k.a. social media websites. Every time you write an article, you will need to make people aware of your new stuff. An easy way to do this is by logging on to your favorite social media website, and advertise your article. Facebook, Stumbleupon, Reddit, Linkedin are just some of the sites you will need to hit. If you can write more articles about the same topic, you might want to add a page on Hubpages.com to promote your blog even more.
Visit discussion forums and other blogs. Do a search on your favorite search engine like Google or Yahoo, and search for questions about your topic. You may have written about how to train your dog for example. Go to the search engine and search for similar topics, but in question form. Ex. How do I train my dog? In most cases this will return certain websites with forums where people ask questions and give advice about something. If you found such a website and someone who is struggling with dog training, make a helpful comment on that website (you may need to sign up first) without deliberately advertising your website, you might get marked as a spammer. Almost all of such forums allow you to include a “signature” when you post threads. Make your signature something like this: All about dogs! Training, grooming and caring for them! http://yourwebsiteaboutdogs.com. This will send extra traffic to your blog.
That’s it! Start a blog, add quality content and ads, and promote it! Soon you will have hundreds of visitors reading your articles and making you money. The more time you can spend building your blog, the more rewarding it will be. Don’t expect to become a millionaire by writing only 50 articles and spending 10 minutes a day on marketing. That won’t happen. But through discipline and diligence you will be well on your way.
To your success! 😉